After fixing this page up, I notice that nothing on this site links here; Internal_functions and its sub-pages has replaced it. I feel a bit foolish now for spending time on it, but I did so because I have landed here several times from search results. As time permits, I plan to revise this page again, linking to newer content where available.
- Raffriff42 07:12, 16 September 2014 (CEST)
- It's nice to see to all functions listed in one page, makes searching easier sometimes. The non-clip functions page has more than a 1000 views so undoubtedly some people have managed to find it. Under User defined functions the 'Script Grammar' seems to be missing. I checked the old wiki and it just redirects to Grammar. https://web.archive.org/web/20110907071238/http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/Non-clip_functions
- Reel.Deal 15:52, 16 September 2014 (CEST)
- Please don't do things twice. If something changes I have to update them both (or four times to be exact, since all this stuff here should be synced with the offline documentation. Either we remove http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Non-clip_functions and the link to it, or we put all functions from http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Internal_functions in http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Non-clip_functions (as sections). And then we will let http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Internal_functions refer to these sections. Let me know if it's not clear. Admin 19:33, 16 September 2014 (CEST)
- Good idea. I think I prefer the second, single-page option, as there is no way (AFAIK) to get an automatic listing of all functions (aka Table of Contents) unless they are subheadings on a single page, or else discrete pages with a common Category. So I will begin to merge the newer documentation from Internal_functions into Non-clip_functions, and when that's done, create the links as you describe.
- Raffriff42 21:15, 16 September 2014 (CEST)
- Done! Everything has been moved to Internal functions. To avoid adding to the maintenance burden, I created function templates, Template:ScriptFunctionH5 and Template:ScriptFunctionCode, (signature-compatible with Template:ScriptFunction), instead of inserting a lot of manual formatting. All old pages redirect to the new page to avoid 404 errors.
- Raffriff42 04:12, 17 September 2014 (CEST)
- Wow, great job Raffriff42. Looks very nice, kudos and keep up the good work :) - Reel.Deal 04:23, 17 September 2014 (CEST)
- "or four times to be exact, since all this stuff here should be synced with the offline documentation" - have you looked at the MediaWiki publishing features such as Extension:DumpHTML? It should save you a lot of work. -- Raffriff42 05:03, 14 December 2015 (CET)
- ...sadly, I see that DumpHTML is very deprecated. Don't know now. -- Raffriff42 05:08, 14 December 2015 (CET)
- ...how about Extension:PdfBook - at least it's maintained. -- Raffriff42 05:12, 14 December 2015 (CET)
- Thx for mentioning the extension. It looks it will be useful. The problem with the html stuff is that this will mess up the styling. Mess up in the sense of being different, which will be visible when viewing the differences in the CVS (only the content changes should be visible). That holds as well when moving to a different (WYSIWYG) html editor. Originally i used MS Frontpage for that (on my old pc), which i don't have anymore. I tried several html editors (KompoZer, SeaMonkey), but they all change the styling (which i don't want). Admin 00:13, 25 December 2015 (CET)