From Avisynth wiki
Swaps chroma channels in YUV clips.
- Swaps U and V (chroma) channels. Corrects certain decoding errors – faces blue instead of red, etc.
- Copies U or V chroma plane to the Y luma plane.
- All color (chroma) information is removed, so the image is now greyscale.
- Depending on the color format, the image resolution can be changed – i.e.,
- with a YV24 source, UToY is the same width and height as clip, but
- with a YV12 source, UToY is half clip's width and height.
YToUV(clip clipU, clip clipV [, clip clipY [, clip clipA ] ] )
- Copies the Y (luma channel) of clipU to the U channel of the output clip and the Y (luma channel) of clipV to the V channel of the output clip.
- If clipY is given, copies the Y (luma channel) of clipY to the Y channel of the output clip.
- And if clipA is given too, copies the Y (luma channel) of clipA to the A channel of the output clip.
- Depending on the color format, the image resolution can be changed.
 See Also
- Blur the U chroma channel
- Show U and V channels stacked for illustration purposes.
|v2.60||Added UToY8, VToY8.|
|v2.60||Added new color formats Y8, YV411, YV16 and YV24.|