|License||MIT but binaries are GPLv2|
A simple plugin that calculates a weighted frame-by-frame average from multiple clips. This is a modern rewrite of the old Average plugin but a bit faster, additional colorspace support, and some additional sanity checks.
- The usage is identical to the old Average plugin or RedAverage:
Average (clip1, weight1, clip2, weight2, clip3, weight3, ...)
- Output pixel value is calculated as:
out[x] = clip1[x] * weight1 + clip2[x] * weight2 + clip3[x] * weight3...
- [x86]: AviSynth+ or AviSynth 2.6
- [x64]: AviSynth+
- Supported color formats: Y8, YV12, YV16, YV24, YV411
- AviSynth+: All planar formats (8/10/12/14/16/32bit, Y/YUV/RGB with or without alpha) are supported, also RGB48 and RGB64.
- *** vcredist_x86.exe is required for Average-x86
- *** vcredist_x64.exe is required for Average-x64
- Average (clip, float, clip, float, clip, float ...)
- clip =
- Input clip 1 / 2 / 3 ...
- clip =
- float =
- Weight 1 / 2 / 3 ...
- float =
You can average as many clips as you want but there are a few limitations.
- Average requires an even number of arguments.
- All clips must have the same colorspace.
- All clips must have identical width and height.
- All clips must have the same or greater number of frames as the first input clip.
- Best performance when absolute values of all weights are smaller or equal to one.
Version Date Changes
v0.94 01/27/2017 - Fix: fix the fix: rounding of intermediate results was ok for two clips - New: AVX for 10-16bit (+20-30%) and float (+50-60%) compared to v0.93 - AVX for 8 bit non-integer path (+20% gain), e.g. when one of the weights is over 1.0 v0.93 01/26/2017 - Mod by pinterf - Fix: rounding of intermediate results in fast integer average of 8 bit clips - Mod: faster results for two or three clips - New: Support for AviSynth+ color spaces: 10-16 bit and float YUV(A)/Planar RGB(A), RGB48 and RGB64 - 10+ bits are calculated in float precision internally. - New: auto register as MT_NICE_FILTER for AviSynth+ - New: add version resource - Info: built with VS2015 Update 3, may require Visual Studio 2015 Redistributable update 3 v0.92 12/27/2014 - This release fixes a very important memory leak which made the plugin unusable for somewhat complex scripts. v0.91 12/24/2014 - Double performance when absolute values of all weights are smaller or equal to one. v0.90 12/21/2014 - Initial release.
- For older downloads (and source code) see the GitHub releases page.
Average for AviSynth 2.5
This is the original Average plugin written by mg262. It works with AviSynth 2.5/2.6 but only supports the YV12 colorspace. Additional information in the following links.
- Doom9 Forum - Average plug-in : weighted average of any number of clips (original thread by mg262)
- Doom9 Forum - mg262's plugins with source code.
Back to External Filters ←